Monday, June 11, 2007

A picture before the exam. Boy, I can hardly wait until it's over! Focus, focus, keep sight of the goal. The practicing is done, now it's time to perform.
Yes!! It's done! After many months of practicing, trying to fend off colds, my exam is finished! It went reasonably well, my voice was in good shape and I believe I expressed my songs as I intended. I sang for about 40 minutes, singing 10 different songs. A few small slips here and there, but overall I am very happy with my memory work and the way things came off. Thanks so much to those who prayed for me and wished me well before my exam. I really appreciated the encouragement. It has been so great to study voice, I had a fantastic instructor, Joanne Mercier who taught me to be a singer and a teacher, and encouraged me to love myself and my voice. Thanks Joanne! Now I can focus on my students and my teaching and enjoy my summer! It's Chicken Chef tonight!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're through! What's your next endeavor? Skydiving??? Enjoy the break!

Anonymous said...

I think that she is scared of hitting the ground!

Jacqui said...

No skydiving is planned for the near future. Maybe a rollercoaster or two though.

Charlene Martens said...

What rollercoaster do you plan to ride on? X is a little too extreme for me. I have done Tatsu 2x and I am not sure Alvin will be willing to ride it again any time soon....

Jacqui said...

No specific plans, but the X at Knotts is my favorite roller coaster so far. Where is Tatsu?

Anonymous said...

I have heard that the Shikra at 6 Flags in Tampa is really fun.

Smelly Melly said...

Mmmmmmm Chicken Chef!

Anonymous said...

Roller coasters and Chicken Chef...ew...barf. (Can't wait to NOT be prenant!)

Jacqui said...

Okay, Jonas wants to know if you are going to "hoark" at night and have wierd cravings while they are visiting you. All I could say was how I craved olives.