Sunday, March 18, 2007

Typical Day




Okay, I have no exciting pictures to post, so I thought I'd take some from our every day lives. In our spare time we all like to read. Cooking meals and doing dishes seems to be a regular part of our schedule as well. Everyone takes part in this activity even though the pictures suggest otherwise. Most recently my family did a fabulous job of supporting me by helping with meals and dishes while I was practicing voice and singing in the Winnipeg Festival. I had the honor of winning one of my Grade A vocal classes and then singing in The Rose Bowl, Saturday, March 17. It was very exciting for me and I was happy with how it all went. The Westminster United Church in Winnipeg was a glorious church to sing in. I sang a french song by Berlioz and an Italian opera aria by Puccini. Sorry, I have no pictures.
Felix and Celine did a great job with their festival pieces as well in the Southeastern Manitoba Festival. I was very proud of how they worked quite hard at practicing and how they performed at festival. Jonas is doing great with his drumming and in his guitar lessons as well.
 Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tt's just run-in-the-mail day.
Love your sweet,
Felix

Anonymous said...

Glad the Rose Bowl went well! I'm sure you wowed the audiences with your spectacular vocal talents (but not including that spluttering-of-the-lips thing, of course.)

Anonymous said...

"Spluttering-of-the-lips"?? Would love to see that!

Congrats on all the hard work re voice!

Jacqui said...

Thanks! My 6 month niece and I had a great time practicing spluttering lips together.

Jacqui said...

Thanks! My 6 month niece and I had a great time practicing spluttering lips together.

Anonymous said...

Well Gabrielle is now practising the "screaming like a girl" excercise, would that one help you at all?

Melissa

Jacqui said...

Sorry, I'm not into the screamo style. I'm trying to keep a healthy vocal system going - no nodules for me if I can help it. But, thanks anyway!

Anonymous said...

Nodules?

Charlene Martens said...

Yes, vocal nodules. It happens when you slam your vocal folds together to hard. It's called vocal abuse...

Sorry, SLP language, had to put that in.

Charlene

Jacqui said...

thanks Charlene. nodules are growths on the vocal folds - death to classical singers (well, they can be).

Anonymous said...

I'll try to remember that...

Nodules = Death to classical singers, vocal abuse, growths on the vocal chords... Got it.

How are your nodules today Jacqui?